leftround   rightround
logo   James Laboratory
spacer

CSHL 

Library & Archives

Buildings Timeline
spacer
spacer


First Addition Complete 1961

The construction of the second floor addition was completed in 1961 with the receipt of a $70,000 grant from the NIH. Interestingly, the designers of the original concrete building in 1929 had looked to the future and made provisions to accommodate a second floor if it became necessary. In the newly renovated laboratory the first floor was transformed into a Drosophila genetics laboratory and the new second floor housed bacterial genetics and biochemistry laboratories. The addition was designed by George B. Post & Sons and featured a vertical board exterior sheathing motif.

spacer

James Laboratory
Gallery

1929Dr. Walter
B. James
1929James
Memorial
Laboratory
1929Hugo
Fricke's
Lab
1961Second
Floor
Added
1961First
Addition
Complete
1970Second
Expansion
Begins
1971James
Laboratory
Annex
1985Sambrook
Laboratory
1985Sambrook
Dedication
Booklet
2006Laboratory
Complex
Illustration
spacer

Copyright © 2006 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. All rights reserved.
CSHL Library and Archives, 1 Bungtown Rd., Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Library Information 516-367-6872
spacer
spacer