leftround   rightround
logo   James Laboratory
spacer

CSHL 

Library & Archives

Buildings Timeline
spacer
spacer


James-Sambrook Laboratory Complex Today

With all of the changes that have taken place at the James Laboratory building over the course of its 77 year history, it is difficult to see where the original concrete building stands today. The above illustration, from the CSHL 1998 Fall/Winter Harbor Transcript, shows the laboratory’s transformation: the original James Laboratory concrete rectangle built in 1929; the second floor addition in 1961; the James Annex in 1971; the West Annex at the front of the building in 1973; and the Sambrook Laboratory in 1985. The James – Sambrook Laboratories now total 17,000 square feet. There are currently 5 individual laboratories with a staff of 6 PIs and 56 scientific and support staff. The James building also houses the office of CSHL President, Bruce Stillman.

spacer

James Laboratory
Gallery

1929Dr. Walter
B. James
1929James
Memorial
Laboratory
1929Hugo
Fricke's
Lab
1961Second
Floor
Added
1961First
Addition
Complete
1970Second
Expansion
Begins
1971James
Laboratory
Annex
1985Sambrook
Laboratory
1985Sambrook
Dedication
Booklet
2006Laboratory
Complex
Illustration
spacer

Copyright © 2006 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. All rights reserved.
CSHL Library and Archives, 1 Bungtown Rd., Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Library Information 516-367-6872
spacer
spacer