Davenport's dedication to the Lab
and to the Brooklyn Institute came at a crucial time when the Wawepex Society became unconvinced by the Bio Lab's administration.
In honor of Charles B. Davenport a Laboratory was named after him and in the 1980's the name was changed
from the Davenport Laboratory to the Delbruck Laboratory so that the house in which he once lived could bear his name
and be referred to without confusion.
This photo of Charles Davenport was taken in 1941 at the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory beach.