Many visiting scientists and
students of the Bio Lab utilized Mather House as a dormitory while the Davenports were still in residence. Over the years,
to accommodate the students, partitions had been placed within the house to create additional rooms and a communal
kitchen was installed upstairs for second floor residents.
This photo, taken in 1948 shows scientists and students playing ball outside of the Carnegie Dorm.