leftround   rightround
logo   Demerec Laboratory
spacer

CSHL 

Library & Archives

Buildings Timeline
spacer
spacer


Construction Continues 1952

The 16,000 square foot laboratory was a complex consisting of 2 individual concrete buildings connected by a stair tower, which also served as an entrance on the east (harbor-facing) side. In the picture above, note the 2 emerging parallel buildings and the Carnegie building to the southeast.

spacer

Demerec Laboratory
Gallery

1941Milislav
Demerec
1951Construction
Begins
1952Construction
Continues
1953Demerec
Complete
1953First
Occupants
1963Institutions
Merge
1963John
Cairns
196631st
Symposium
1970sScientists
1981South
Addition
1989North
Addition
2013Demerec
Lab today
spacer

Copyright © 2006 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory. All rights reserved.
CSHL Library and Archives, 1 Bungtown Rd., Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Library Information 516-367-6872
spacer
spacer