Eugenics Record Office

The Eugenics Record Office was established in 1910 as a department of the Carnegie Institution's Station for Experimental Evolution at Cold Spring Harbor, with funding for its maintenance from Mrs. E.H. Harriman. In 1921, the SEE and ERO were combined into the CIW Department of Genetics with Charles Davenport as the Director. Pictured below is the ERO Training Class, 1912, with Harry Laughlin and Charles Davenport seated in the first row on the right. Also pictured is a "Trait Book" used by students in the training classes to make their assessments.